Find 2 Bedroom Apartments Near USF in Tampa, FL
Whether you have plans for a roommate or just want additional space, you'll be able to find a range of 2 bedroom apartments near USF with great locations and amenity packages. USF serves more than 40,000 students and spans over a thousand acres, offering students a wide range of academic paths and campus activities. This area of Tampa is popular among renters, like college students, and prospective residents will have no trouble finding USF apartments with roommate matching available. If you're still debating over what size and layout apartment is the best fit for you, below are a few things to think about when looking for 2 bedroom apartments near USF.
Things to Consider about 2 Bedroom USF Apartments
It can be difficult deciding whether or not to live with roommates when renting an apartment. If you've lived with roommates before, some of the points below may be very familiar to you. It can also be helpful to consider your past experiences and what you've learned about sharing spaces with others.
- Splitting the rent – many apartments are considerably cheaper when splitting the bills, even with one roommate. However, you can find affordable apartments near USF that fit your budget whether you're on your own or living with others.
- Company – your roommate could be a longtime friend, or a brand new friend that can join you on new adventures and experiences. This is especially useful if you're new to the Tampa area.
- Shared responsibility – having an extra set of hands to do chores and tidy up the apartment can make a big difference, particularly if you've never been "on your own" before.
- Shared spaces – it may be difficult for some roommates to agree on the use of shared spaces, particularly the kitchen and living room. This can often be resolved through friendly and honest discussions early on, and preferably even before moving into 2 bedroom USF apartments.
- Contracts – renting an apartment usually involves signing a lease that requires you to stay for a certain length of time if you want to avoid incurring fees. Many USF apartments come with 12-month leases; however, you can always find apartments with individual leases to avoid some of the shared commitments.
Read more about benefits to having a roommate at this Livestrong page.
Tips for Living in 2 Bedroom Apartments
As 2 bedroom USF apartments tend to be larger in size, it may be helpful to develop a cleaning plan and schedule early on. This can help avoid larger messes that involve heavy-duty cleaning and organization. A few ideas include designated laundry days, rinsing dishes directly after use, frequent vacuuming and regularly wiping down areas likes countertops, the inside of the fridge and small crevices between appliances.
Another important aspect to consider is the layout of your 2 bedroom apartment. For example, some apartments come with 1 or 2 bathrooms, either full size or half size. Full size bathrooms may be important if you're sharing with a roommate, but half size bathrooms can be convenient and easier to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have a roommate in my bedroom apartment near USF?
Apartment communities near USF that cater to students typically offer individual leases, which means you will be renting one bedroom in the apartment. The community will use roommate matching to find another student with common interests and habits to rent the other bedroom and share common spaces. If you have a friend who plans to share the apartment with you, be sure you both communicate this with the leasing team so you are assigned to the same apartment.
Are 2 bedroom apartments near USF pet friendly?
There are quite a few pet friendly apartments for rent near USF. Even pet friendly communities do have some restrictions. These may include: breed restrictions, weight limits, and number of pets allowed. Be sure to ask good questions to the leasing team and review their pet policy thoroughly before signing a lease. The last thing you want is to move in and find out your furry friend isn't welcome.
What features should I look for in 2 bedroom apartments near USF?
Our favorite 2 bedroom feature to look for is a split floor plan! A split floor plan means your bedroom walls will not be connected. Instead, they are separated by the living space. This means more privacy for you and your roommate. Another convenient feature is a furnished apartment. Deciding what to buy and pack for college is overwhelming enough without thinking about buying furniture to furnish and entire apartment.