Find Apartments Near Bruce B. Downs Blvd in Tampa, FL
Bruce B. Downs Blvd, also called State Road 581, is a 3.5 mile north-south road in Tampa that extends into Wesley Chapel. It is one of the main roads used in the area and is a practical alternative to I-75 and I-275 as it can provide a convenient straight-shot drive to many popular destinations in the area. Major intersections include Busch, Fowler, Fletcher and Bearss. Bruce B. Downs Blvd often has active construction that makes improvements to the road, such as additional lines and better traffic flow. This is important to keep in mind when looking for apartments near Bruce B. Downs Blvd as access, road layout and traffic can change depending on construction activities.
Destinations near Bruce B. Downs Blvd Apartments
Many popular restaurants, shops and entertainment destinations are located along or just off of Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Below are just a few options:
- Mr. Dunderbak's Biergarten and Brewery: One of the most unique restaurants in the area, Mr. Dunderbak's is a tavern-style beer garden that offers an extensive selection of beer plus German and American foods. It even has a grocery section where you can purchase candies, chocolates and other European goods.
- Kobe Japanese Steak House: Kobe is a top destination for Japanese cuisine near Bruce B. Downs Blvd apartments. Chefs put on a show for a Teppanyaki dining experience with delicious options like seafood, premium steaks, sushi and other traditional dishes.
- University Mall: If you're going south on Bruce B. Downs Blvd, University Mall is a great stop for many smaller retail shops, department stores and services like shoe repair, cell phone repair and nails. The area around the mall also includes many sit-down restaurants and fast food stops.
- Wiregrass Mall: Located in the north in Wesley Chapel, Wiregrass Mall is an open-air mall with year-round events that include a farmer's market, tree lighting and charity fundraisers.
- Busch Gardens & Adventure Island: For a fun day out with family or friends, apartments near Bruce B. Downs Blvd are close to huge theme parks like Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. With rides for both adults and children, as well as themed events like Busch Gardens' Howl-o-Scream, there's plenty of options for fun at both locations.
What to expect from Bruce B. Downs Blvd Apartments
Apartments near Bruce B. Downs Blvd have a wide range of community and unit amenities due to the popularity of this area. Students attending University of South Florida may be interested in student apartments, which are useful when searching for roommates and dormitory-style living. Apartments with 12 month leases are a good option if you enjoy the area and intend to stay long-term. Residents moving to this area due to employment or school may want to consider their daily drive and routine before signing a new lease. Taking one or two test drives on certain days and looking at traffic history on Google maps can help you get a better idea of the time needed to get between important destinations.