There are a few different types of moving packages you are able to utilize to make your move go smoothly. Think about your apartment size, the amount of things you have to move, and the distance of your move.
For a more DIY move, you can rent a truck or borrow a friend’s truck, and pack your belongings yourself. This means you will pack, load, and unload all of your things. It may be a little more labor, but if you have little furniture, this may be a great way to save money moving. This will also require more time, so it may not be an option for someone with a busy schedule. You can also choose to have a moving company move your belongings. The mover will offer a few types of moves:
- Full: The mover will pack, load and unload your belongings. They will supply materials, and you only have to be present for the loading and unloading of your things. This is definitely the low stress way to move, but is also the most expensive and may not be cost efficient if you don’t have a lot of heavy items. However, this may be a great option for someone who won’t be able to take much time off of work or spend time moving.
- Mid: This is a great middle ground. With this service, you will be responsible for packing and preparing all of your things, but the movers with load and unload all of your belongings, moving them to your new home. If you can plan in advance, this is usually the best route, since you won’t have to do much heavy lifting, and can save a little on packing up your things yourself.
- Self Service: This method allows you to pack, load, and unload your belongings into a specified container, but a moving company will transport the container to your new apartment for you to unload.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a Moving Company for your Tampa Apartment:
- How far away you will be moving to your new apartment? This will change the cost of the move and the materials needed.
- Are stairs involved? If so, how many? Many apartment communities are three stories, which means there is probably no elevator. Consider this when you are planning your move, as this may complicate the loading and unloading.
- Can friends and family help? It is great to have resources when moving. Friends and family can help the move go a lot more smoothly.
- How much do you have to spend on moving? Your budget is something that will definitely factor into how much help you can get from a moving company. Remember to factor this into the apartment that you choose.
- What time of year will you be moving? Tampa temperatures can be in the 100s during the summer, and it is humid! Be sure to think of the weather when planning the time of year you will move. Summer also tends to have rainy afternoons, so the coolest and driest time to move would be in the morning.
« Return to Resources.