The Marketing Assistant is responsible for all activities that involve marketing on and around campus. They are also responsible for giving tours to prospective residents, lease renewals, preparing and signing all lease documentation. The Marketing Assistant must provide high quality customer service and abide by the community's established policies and procedures. Responsibilities include: Completing marketing tactics as assigned by the Supervisor, handling telephone and on-site traffic, showing "ready" apartments, closing leases, completing all related paperwork and activities. This position is also responsible for complying with all state, federal and/or local laws relating to Fair Housing.
Daily Office Duties
- Open/close office procedures
- Follow "Model Showing 101" procedures
- Follow up procedures
- Assist in closing techniques
- Assist with telephone presentations
- Assist with resident/student activities
In-Office Leasing Activities/Follow-Up
It is imperative that every student worker "owns" the prospects they deal with on a daily basis. Marketing Assistants must make sure they are following up with their individual prospect pool at all times.
- Follow ups must take place on a daily basis
- Immediate email follow ups are to be sent after a prospect leaves the leasing office
- Student workers must make calls, email, text message and Facebook prospects
On & Off Campus Marketing
The Marketing Assistant must follow the on and off campus marketing schedules provided by the Leasing Manager on a weekly basis. Documentation is required by each student worker when marketing activities are completed.
Sample on and off campus marketing tactics are as follows:
- Market on campus with flyers, postcards and promotional materials
- Flyer local businesses and eateries
- University departmental visits
- Direct conversations with fellow students regarding the community
- Table set up on or near the University campus (when applicable)