Throughout the USF area, there is a bus system known as the Bull Runner with pick up stops at many of the apartments near USF campus. Students, faculty and staff members are granted free access to the transit system with a valid USFCard. Guests and non-USF students are welcome, but must be accompanied by an individual with a valid USFCard or daily bus pass. Fortunately, a USF Bull Runner daily bus pass is easily acquired through the Parking and Transportation office or through pay-by-space receipts.
Divided into six different routes, the Bull Runner makes several stops to popular locations on campus and designated locations off of campus. Popular stops include dorms on campus, the library, the University Mall, Botanical Gardens, the Moffitt Research Center and several off-campus apartments as well. Since the Bull Runner provides free, easy access to stops throughout campus, students living in apartments near the USF Bull Runner shuttle never need to worry about transportation to campus. These students are able to enjoy the luxury of living in an off-campus apartment while also being able to conveniently come and go from campus at all hours of the day and into the late night.
5 Benefits of Living in Apartments on the Bull Runner Shuttle Route
- Because you have quick, easy access to campus, living in an apartment on the USF Bull Runner shuttle route makes it so much easier to get involved. A regular bus schedule allows you to make trips to campus throughout the day in a timely fashion to make it to all of your extracurricular activities.
- You'll never have to worry about parking on campus. Any student who has tried to park their vehicle on campus knows how difficult, stressful, and time consuming it can be to find a parking spot. However, when you live in an apartment near the USF Bull Runner, you can eliminate that worry!
- Riding the USF Bull Runner from your apartment to campus is also a great opportunity to sit with friends, old and new! This gives you the chance to ride with your roommates or meet new people and make friends with the other people who live in your community.
- No need to worry about being late to class! The Bull Runner follows a strict time schedule and even provides an app called the "BullTracker" that allows you to view a live bus map and receive updates on shuttle arrival times, so you're never late.
- You might find that you don't even need a car. With the convenient access to campus that the Bull Runner provides, many students feel that they don't even need a car. Most busses run regular schedules all day and even late into the night, not only to and from campus, but to off-campus locations as well. Many students feel that this accessibility eliminates the need for a car, therefore cutting costs on gas, upkeep of the vehicle, and car insurance.
For more information on the Bull Runner, check out USF's website
for shuttle routes and the daily bus schedule.