Tampa residents love to have FUN - and what's more fun than brunch? Check out this fresh list of all the places to take your crew near your Tampa apartment!
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of RentTampaBay.com or any of our advertising partners.
If you haven't yet, now is the perfect time to discover the joys of brunching. Nothing's better than a leisurely meal with a big table of your favorite people, eating decadent and sadly fattening food, and sipping on a delightful mimosa or Bloody Mary, only a quick Uber ride away from your Tampa apartment.
From South Tampa to the northside, there's bound to be the perfect place for you on this handy list of some of the best brunch spots in the city. Just remember - don't drink and drive!
Near USF & New Tampa
- CALI – Located in Tampa Palms, this chic eatery offers brunch both Saturday and Sunday until 3pm. Try the mouth-watering steak and eggs bowl paired with the one-two punch of their Max-Mosa – "when one mimosa just isn't cutting it."
- World of Beer – Conveniently near USF, this craft brewhaus is surprisingly stepping up with their brunch game. If it's been a rough week, you may want to proceed directly to the Bottomless Booze Brunch for only $14 – but first, make sure you have a ride back to your apartment. Treat yourself to an incredible chicken and waffle sandwich with bacon jam as well.
- New World Brewery – An absolutely perfect place to chill outside with your friends and the dogs on a weekend afternoon. Sip an ice-cold mimosa or one of their huge selection of beers, and chow down on the pickle-brined fried chicken or a Cuban Dip.
The Heights and Ybor City
- Ella's Americana Folk Art Café – This historic Seminole Heights staple features a down-home menu of comfort food with a twist. There's a large bar inside with large booths and live entertainment, or kick it on the vast porch under stately oak trees and surrounded by art. Their spicy Bloody Mary's are garnished with a smoked pork rib – not for the faint of heart!
- The C House – Known for their champagne and charcuterie, the C House also rocks the Sunday brunch with dishes like a lobster and shrimp roll with remoulade, candied maple bacon, and fresh crab cakes.
- Steelbach – Don't miss this jewel of Armature Works, nestled on the river between Downtown and Tampa Heights. Go old school with Nutella-stuffed French toast, or try something new, like a Lady Madonna cocktail or a pork belly Benedict.
Downtown & Hyde Park
- Oxford Exchange – This trendy café is just a short walk from most University of Tampa apartments and Downtown. Try the breakfast tacos, the smoked salmon dip, and the truffle mac and cheese.
- Meat Market Steakhouse – If you're looking for decadence in your brunch experience, this is it. Conveniently close to Hyde Park apartments, you may not be able to walk home after indulging in bbq Wagyu beef ribs, prosciutto potato hash, and crispy duck and waffles.
- American Social – Brunch with a view at this waterfront restaurant on Harbour Island with surprisingly affordable mimosas. Hang out on their giant deck and check out some of the best views in the city, while you snack on buffalo chicken fries, a smoked salmon Benedict, raw oysters, or buckets of peel & eat shrimp.
- Graze – A relatively new spot near several apartment communities on South Dale Mabry Graze is like a traditional diner with a kick. Tipple on prosecco or a Florida Avenue IPA while you smash a gigantic Brunchwich, or a breakfast bowl loaded with veggies and your choice of protein.
- Cask Social Kitchen – For those who REALLY love brunch, Cask serves it up Friday through Sunday. Chow down on fancy plates like filet Mignon and eggs or a classic like shrimp and grits – both go flawlessly with bottomless mimosas.
- Datz – No list of Tampa brunch icons is complete without Datz. Known for their absolutely amazing food, favorites include the short rib biscuit Benedict, Datz Good Hash, and the cheddar-crusted breakfast tacos. Treat yourself to a salted caramel Old Fashioned or a Champagne Supernova from the talented bartenders.
This is just a small sample of the coolest places to eat and drink near your Tampa Apartment. Keep checking RentTampaBay for more tips on creative ways to have fun this summer!